Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a Special Air Quality Statement in effect for:
- Co. of Minburn near Vegreville Inland and Warwick
- Co. of Two Hills near Willingdon and Hairy Hill
- Elk Island Nat. Park
- Fort Saskatchewan and Nrn Strathcona Co.
- Lamont Co. near Andrew and Wostok
- Lamont Co. near Bruderheim Lamont and Peno Creek
- Lamont Co. near Mundare Chipman and Ukrainian Village
- Smoky Lake Co. near Smoky Lake and Waskatenau
- Sturgeon Co. near Bon Accord Gibbons and Namao
- Sturgeon Co. near Redwater
- Thorhild Co. near Thorhild Opal and Radway
From the statement: “A stagnant weather pattern is causing pollutants to build up near the surface, leading to poor air quality. The air quality will likely be worse during the afternoon and evening hours. The poor air quality may persist for most of the week.”
Click here for more details.