Environment and Climate Change Canada has issued a Special Air Quality Statement in effect for:
- Thorhild Co. near Thorhild Opal and Radway, Alta.
- Sturgeon Co. near Bon Accord Gibbons and Namao, Alta.
- Sturgeon Co. near Redwater, Alta.
- Lamont Co. near Bruderheim Lamont and Peno Creek, Alta.
- Lamont Co. near Andrew and Wostok, Alta.
- Lamont Co. near Mundare Chipman and Ukrainian Village, Alta.
- Smoky Lake Co. near Smoky Lake and Waskatenau, Alta.
- Co. of Two Hills near Willingdon and Hairy Hill, Alta.
- Fort Saskatchewan and Nrn Strathcona Co., Alta.
- Elk Island Nat. Park, Alta.
- City of Edmonton – St. Albert – Sherwood Park, Alta.
- Strathcona Co. near Ardrossan and Cooking Lake, Alta.
- Beaver Co. near Tofield, Alta.
From the statement:
“Smoke is causing or expected to cause poor air quality and reduced visibility. Air quality conditions are expected to improve on Wednesday. Wildfire smoke can be harmful to everyone’s health even at low concentrations. Everyone can take action to reduce their exposure to wildfire smoke.”
Click here for more details.
Sign up for our e-newsletter by clicking Newsletter Sign up at the top of this page. You can also receive updates and other air monitoring news and tips by following us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.